Corrupt Police in Bali

If you pulled over for riding a scooter in Bali, randomly or at police check points, they will 99% of the time ask you for your driver’s license.

I got pulled over 3 times, and didn’t have an international driver’s license. But luckily, I got away with it 3 times in a row. I happen negotiate my way around it.

In one instance, my friend who was riding on another bike on the same journey with me got unlucky and didn’t have an international license too. He got booked for a 500,000 rupiah fine (equivalent to $40 USD) and they issue you an international drivers licence (see below and it looks very legitimate) on the spot.


Best advice go get an international driver's license from the country you reside and you can use it in other countries too.


Front of the issued licence from Balinese police (Issued in Kuta)

Back of the issued licence

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

SEF Appointment (Resident Permit/Autorização de Residência )

Opening a Portugal bank account remotely (easy step by step)

DIY low cost method for a Portugal D7 visa